Planning to visit Rocky Mountain National Park
from May 26 through October 22, 2023?
Rocky Mountain National Park has implemented a timed entry permit system to manage the number of visitors and ensure a more enjoyable experience for all. Here's how the they time permits works:
- There are a few key ways that the 2023 pilot Timed Entry Permit Reservation System will be different from past years. These include:
- The pilot timed entry permit system will be extended through October 22, 2023.
- The park is reducing the time period and number of hours daily that reservations are in effect for most areas of RMNP. Park Access Timed Entry Permits will be in effect between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. MDT.
- Visitors with Park Access+ Timed Entry Permits who enter the Bear Lake Road corridor and who want to exit and return later in the day, may re-enter the Bear Lake Road Corridor anytime after 2 p.m.
- 40 percent of all reservations will be released via Recreation.gov on the day prior to a desired arrival date at 5 p.m. MDT.