Spa Etiquette and Spa Policies
Thank you for visiting Riverspointe Spa. Please see below for our policies and spa etiquette.
- Cancellation Policy: In consideration for our therapists’ time and availability, please inform us within 24 hours prior to your appointment if you must cancel. Cancellations within less than 24 hours of the scheduled treatment time, as well as no-shows will be charged 100% of the treatment price.
- Late Arrivals: Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time to park, fill out your intake form, and change into a robe if you wish. Give yourself extra time in the summer months to find parking. Arriving late may require the massage therapist to shorten your treatment time so as not to inconvenience other guests. The full service charge will still be paid in this circumstance.
- Sauna: If you would like to use the infrared sauna prior to your appointment, please arrive up to 30 minutes early. Use of the sauna, locker, and shower facilities is complimentary with the purchase of any massage, body scrub or wrap, or facial. The use of these facilities without a spa service is $25.
- Reservations: A credit card is necessary to hold all appointments. Payment options include cash, American Express, Discover, Visa, and Mastercard.
- Gratuities: Gratuities are greatly appreciated, but entirely at the discretion of the guest. 15%-20% is customary for spa guests. Gratuities are not included in the treatment price, with the exclusion of spa packages.
- Cell Phones: Please turn off your cell phones before entering the spa, to honor other guests’ relaxation.
- Spa Comfort: Please inform your therapist of any comfort preferences you may have, such as pressure, temperature, or music.
- Amenities: As a part of your spa experience (massage, body scrub / wrap, or facial), please feel free to use our sauna, shower and locker facilities. We supply our guests with robes, spa sandals, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and towels. Arrive early or stay late if you wish to enjoy these amenities.
- Lockers: We provide lockers for our spa guests to lock their belongings. However, we do not assume any responsibility for any lost or stolen items. We recommend that you do not bring valuables to the spa.
- Spa Finder / Spa Wish Gift Cards: SpaFinder and SpaWish gift cards are accepted at Riverspointe Spa, and are redeemable for regularly-priced services and products only, and are not redeemable for spa packages (as packages are already at a discounted rate).
- Draping: Clients’ modesty will be respected with proper draping at all times. Sexual innuendo or action is not tolerated. If your therapist feels threatened or that any sexual innuendo or intention is occurring, he or she will end the session immediately. The guest is responsible for full payment.
- Alcohol / Drug Use: Please be free of the use of illegal drugs and alcohol at the time of your service. We reserve the right to refuse service to, or reschedule appointments for those who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of their scheduled spa service (as the circulatory nature of massage and body therapies will increase the effects of drugs and alcohol in the body - this, combined with being in high altitude can be an unhealthy combination).